Fiberglass and its advantages /features
Raw material and its application: Glass fiber has higher temperature resistance than organic fiber, non-combustible, anti-corrosion, good heat and sound insulation, high tensile strength, and good electrical insulation. But it is brittle and has poor wear resistance. Used to make reinforced plastics or reinforced rubber, glass fiber as a reinforcing material has the following characteristics. These characteristics make the use of glass fiber far more extensive than other types of fibers, and the development speed is far ahead. Its characteristics are listed as follows:
(1) High tensile strength and low elongation (3%).
(2) High elastic coefficient and good rigidity.
(3) The elongation is large within the elastic limit and the tensile strength is high, so the impact energy is large.
(4) It is an inorganic fiber with non-combustibility and good chemical resistance.
(5) Low water absorption.
(6) Dimensional stability and heat resistance are good.
(7) Good processability, and can be made into products of different forms such as strands, bundles, felts, and woven fabrics.
(8) Transparent and can transmit light.
(9) Good adhesion to resin.
(10) The price is cheap.
(11) It is not easy to burn and can be melted into glass beads at high temperatures.
Jun 16, 2021